In this episode of the Medieval Archives podcast we discuss Edward of Woodstock. Prince Edward, ‘The Black Prince” was the oldest son of King Edward III. He proved to be an exceptional military leader during the Hundred Years War. We discuss his personal life, his outstanding military career and the major campaigns he fought. We will also look at his influence in popular culture since his death.
You can listen to the episode below. Or download the MP3 and listen to it on your favorite MP3 player. Subscribe to the feed so you do not miss a single episode.
- Battle of Crecy – 1346
- Battle of Poitiers – 1356
- Battle of Najera – 1367
- Shakespeare; Henry V
- George Bernard Shaw; St. Joan
- Roger Boyle; The Black Prince
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle; The White Company and Sir Nigel
- Karen Harper; The First Princess of Wales
- Gordon Dickson; The Dragon Knight and The Dragon and the Fair Maiden of Kent
- Ken Follett; World Without End
- Bernard Cornwell; The Archer’s Tale
- Dark Avengers – 1955
- A Knight’s Tale – 2001
- BladeStrom: The Hundreds Years War
- Empire Earth
- Medieval: Total War
- Age of Empires II
The music was provided by Tim Rayburn. It is available at Magnatune.com
Use the icons below to download the .mp3 audio file, subscribe directly to iTunes or subscribe to the RSS feed.