I was first introduced to archaeology as a kid and up on the movie screen was a whip carrying, fedora wearing relic hunter. When Indiana Jones wasn’t fighting Nazis or running for his life he was on a quest to gather ancient artifacts.
Today on the Medieval Archives Podcast we are going to examine real life archaeology, not the fictional portrayal. Since the discovery of Richard III in the Leicester car park there have been numerous other medieval archaeology discoveries. Medieval knights, dungeons, Black Death skeletons and so much more!
Please send any comments, suggestions or topic ideas to email@example.com
If you are enjoying the podcast please considering leaving a rating on iTunes.
In this episode we discuss:
- Knights found in car parks
- Medieval dungeons unearthed
- Crusaders spreading leprosy
- Alfred the Great
- Black Death burial grounds
- And more…
Here are the links to the stories we discuss:
- Medieval Knight remains found in Edinburgh via The Scotsman
- Alfred the Great remains exhumed via The Guardian
- Scottish medieval village uncovered via Selkirk Weekend Advertiser
- Black Death Burial site via The Guardian
- Beverly Saturday Market medieval discovery via This is Hull and East Riding
- Faversham medieval dungeon via This is Kent
- University of Winchester leprosy discovery via BBC
- Visit the Winchester Archaeology site for all their dig information: http://www.warg.org.uk/
- Anglo-Saxon Church found under Lincoln Castle via Daily Mail
- Richard III Update via Sky News
Download the MP3 and listen to it on your favorite MP3 player. Subscribe to the feed so you do not miss a single episode.
The music was provided by Tim Rayburn. It is available at Magnatune.com